MBBS IN RUSSIA
Russia At Glance
The Official Name For Russia Is The Russian Federation. Russia Is Also Popular As Eurasia.
|International dialing code||+7|
|Total Area||6,601,631 Square Miles
17,098,242 Square Kilometers
|Major religious||Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism|
|Language||Russian (official) and 27 minority languages|
|Major Mountain Ranges||Ural, Altay|
|Major Rivers||Amur, Irtysh, Lena, Ob, Volga, Yenisey|
|Location||North Asia bordering the Arctic Ocean, extending from Europe(the portion west of the Urals) to the North Pacific Ocean|
|Major Industries||Machinery construction, chemicals and petrochemicals, fuel and energy agriculture|
|Major Imports||Consumer goods, machinery, vehicles, pharmaceutical products, plastic, semi-finished metal products, meat, fruits and nuts,optical and medical instruments, iron and steel|
|Major Exports||Petroleum and petroleum products, natural gas, metals, wood and wood products, chemicals, and a wide variety of civilian and military manufactures|
Geography of Russia :-
Russia is the largest country in the world in terms of area, covers one-tenth of all the land on Earth and spans eleven time zones across two continents, those are Europe and Asia along with having coasts on Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic oceans. The landscape of the Russia varies from desert to frozen coastline, lofty mountains to big marshes. The large area of the country is made of rolling and steppes, whereas three quarters of the area is covered by the pine forest also popular as taigas. Surprisingly, the country possesses 100,000 rivers covering some of the globally known aligned with several lakes covering Lagoda and Onega larges one, whereas Baikal in Siberia is seeded on the first for containing highest water than any other lake on Earth.
Government and Economy of Russia :-
Russia is a federation of 86 republics, provinces, territories, and districts, regulated by the government in Moscow. The leader of the state is called president elected by the people, reveals democratic system, whereas the economy is absolutely rely upon the supply of natural resources, including oil, coal, iron ore, gold, and aluminum.
People & Culture of Russia :-
There are about 120 ethnic groups in Russia who speaks more than a hundred languages; the larger population speaks Russian, whereas second largest speaking language is Tetrian. Russian culture is drenched with rich history, strong traditions and powerful arts, Russians are known for primarily know for music, ballet, paintings, art and cinema span the world. Students going to study MBBS in Russia have an excellent opportunity to learn many aspects of the Russian cultural heritage and make learning pleasant. Russia is also known for its thinkers, artists, writers and composers across the world for their tremendous talent. Other than, Russian dolls is one of the nation’s symbols named Matryoshkas is must buy memory for tourist while visiting Russia, which are hand painted and made of wood.
Climate of Russia :-
The most significant aspect that matters is where you stand in the Russia, however the large area of Russia experience moderate climate, which is a comfortable zone to live in. For students studying MBBS in Russia are no need to fret as unlikely to several western countries, central heating is provided in all houses, public building during winter season in Russia. These heaters also work in public transport, dormitory room, classroom, bus, café and any of public places to protect locals from severe cold. In brief, students will experience largely two distinct seasons those are summer and winter, wherein winter is quite longer than summer. Spring and autumn are very short of change in between.
Transportation in Russia :-
Russian railway is the world’s single longest railway extended to 9200 km that departs in Moscow, Europe and crosses into Asia; itself shows the well developed transportation system of Russia. The same development you will experience for roads extended to 7700 km. The more evidence of the well developed transportation is Metro, which is one of the popular medium of transportation that serves approximately 7 million passengers per day! Taxis are less preferred medium of transportation as it’s comparatively costlier and need to be called in advanced. On the other hand, all trains and buses are cheaper and on the dot too.
Key Dates Of Russian History
- 1547 – Grand Prince Ivan IV of Moscow (later known as Ivan the Terrible) is the first ruler to be announced Tsar of Russia.
- 1689-1725 – Peter the Great launched far-reaching reforms.
- 1798-1815 – Russia takes part in the European coalitions against Revolutionary and Napoleonic France, defeating Napoleon’s invasion in 1812 and contributing to his overthrow.
- 1853-57 – Russia experiences setback in attempt to seize territory from declining Ottoman Empire through it’s trounce in Crimean War.
- 1904-05 – Russian expansion in Manchuria leads to war with Japan – and the 1905 revolution, which forced Tsar Nicholas II to grant a constitution and establish a parliament, the Duma.
- 1914 – Russian-Austrian rivalry in Balkans contributes to outburst of First World War, in which Russia fought alongside Britain and France.
- 1917 – Nicholas II resigns. Bolshevik revolutionaries led by Lenin topple the provisional government and take power.
- 1918-22 – Civil war between Red Army and anti-communist White Russians.
- 1922 – Bolsheviks reorganize remnants of Russian Empire as Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.
- 1945 – Allied victory over Nazi Germany followed by swift establishment of Soviet hegemony in Central and Eastern Europe, and Balkans.
- 1991 – Russia becomes independent as the Soviet Union collapses and, together with Ukraine and Belarus, forms the Commonwealth of Independent States, which is eventually joined by all former Soviet republics except the Baltic States.
- 2014 – Russia seizes Ukrainian region of Crimea, prompting the biggest East-West showdown since the Cold War.